We're looking for a talented and passionate Senior UX designer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
In this role, you will help own the UX design of various features, providing a voice for the player and demonstrating how they would interact with several of Hytale's systems. As a player first designer, you will be responsible for collaborating with other disciplines such as game design, art, engineering, and audio to create a consistent and meaningful experience between the player and the interfaces they interact with.
Who you are:
- You are a UX pro who puts the player’s needs first when creating deliverables that demonstrate your design thinking
- You’re a problem solver, first and foremost; you strive to create a frictionless game experience for the player
- You are comfortable owning a feature from concept to implementation, working across disciplines to see it through
- You’re an excellent communicator and are passionate about working with other developers to advocate for your craft
- You approach design creatively, with data and research as part of your arsenal
Some of your role:
- Collaborate closely with game design to gather requirements and turn ideas into usable flows and interfaces
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and other deliverables that demonstrate best in class UX
- Own and drive the UX design of initiatives from initial concept through implementation
- Communicate and present UX goals and designs to the broader team
- Work closely with UI art and engineering to build player focused interfaces
- Assist in our user research and bring in additional player data through playtests
- Ensure that the UX across the game is consistent throughout Hytale
- Minimum of 4 years working as a UX designer with a focus in games or a related field
- Experience shipping title(s) as a senior UX designer or related position
- Strong fundamental knowledge of user experience design principles and how they translate to interface design
- Proficiency demonstrating user needs through prototyping using tool(s) such as Axure or Figma
- Experienced in UI design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A personal passion for games and staying on top of the latest trends in the industry
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your design thinking and deliverables
- Experience conducting or moderating user research
- An advocate for, and experience in implementing games accessibility guidelines
- A personal passion for open world, builder, or survival games
- A BA/BS or other degree in a related field such as human-computer interaction, interaction design, etc.
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- An inspiring set of of UX challenges on an ambitious and highly anticipated new title
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely