We are looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of our audio team you will be responsible for creating audio concepts, designing quality sound effects, and implementing assets in Wwise (and our in-house Game Engine). You will be continuously communicating with game developers and fellow audio team members to ensure our players are having the best experience while enjoying our games.
Who You Are:
- You are driven by discovering solutions to unique problems, and creating complex soundscapes from many different angles
- You thrive when learning, building, and teaching. Helping solve a difficult problem and then using that knowledge to help the team or pipeline is highly rewarding.
- You are an excellent communicator. You love to give feedback on work in progress, and you love to teach your co-workers and the community new work methods and efficiencies.
- You can successfully manage relationships with other teams and help them get the most out of working with Sound Design.
- 5 Years of experience in audio for games
- Experience with recording (both studio and field recording techniques), signal flow, processing, and mixing;
- Wwise knowledge, audio post process plugins, mastering, performance optimization knowledge;
- Extensive knowledge of DAW tools (e.g. Reaper, Pro Tools);
- Experience championing the goals set with the Audio Director
- Ability to implement simple, and efficient solutions to complex, and unique problems
- Understanding of the technical constraints regarding audio implementation
- Experience with scripting languages
- Very good debugging skills
- Passionate about audio in games
- Experience working on shipped titles
Please note, a relevant showreel of your audio work is required;
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.