We're looking for a talented and passionate UI artist to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
The ideal candidate for our UI/UX team will create amazing player experiences through their use of interface design, color theory, visual hierarchy, and illustration. The candidate will be responsible for creating deliverables that captivate players through impeccable visual design, while seamlessly allowing them achieve their goals in the game’s various interfaces.
As a player first designer, you will be responsible for collaborating with other disciplines such as game design, UX, and audio to create a consistent and meaningful experience between the player and the interfaces they interact with.
Who you are:
- You are an artist who not only creates beautiful art, but thinks through the human factor of how players interact with games
- You have an exceptional eye for aesthetic and can help maintain, develop, and define UI components and patterns
- You’re organized, and demonstrate this through impeccable attention to detail not only in your work but, within the way your work is arranged
- You’re an excellent communicator and are passionate about working across disciplines to advocate for your craft
- You’re player focused; you have a track record of creating interfaces that focus on clarity and usability, as well as visual design
Some of your role:
- Collaborate with other artists to maintain and push the boundaries of our UI art style
- Work closely with UX to bring wireframes and prototypes to life through use of visual design principles
- Create visually balanced and player focused mockups that demonstrate a solid understanding of readability, clarity, typography, and visual hierarchy
- Create, iterate, and define the iconography and UI style guide
- Communicate with other disciplines, demonstrating and defining your work
- Experience creating UI art for a shipped title
- Expert level ability to work with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficiency with After Effects or other animation software to define and demonstrate UI animations
- Proven knowledge of UI design fundamentals such as layout, grids, typography, etc.
- Ambitious, assertive, and collaborative with excellent communication skills
- A personal passion for games and staying on top of the latest trends in the industry
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your artistic approach to UI
- Experience with creating wireframes and prototypes demonstrating user needs
- Proficiency with UI implementation
- A personal passion for open world, builder, or survival games
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in a related field such as graphic design, visual design, interaction design, etc.
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely