We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of the minigames team you will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining systems to support ongoing development of Hytale’s minigames. You will be continuously communicating with other engineers, production and design to meet expected results.
Who you are:
- You enjoy working with designers and translate design into fun game content.
- You enjoy mentoring others and supporting team growth.
- You have a keen eye for system design and architecture.
- You enjoy finding robust solutions to complex problems.
Some of your role:
- You will be architecting the next generation of Minigame network and work closely with the talent that built the Hypixel Network.
- You will determine technical needs for the Minigames roadmap and support the team by growing the engineering capabilities.
- You will be actively driving programming efforts and have a hand in the architecture & execution of required core systems.
- Ensuring the team is pursuing high quality engineering standards.
- You will work closely with designers and production to meet expectations.
- 5+ years of gameplay programming experience.
- 3+ years of Java programming experience.
- At least one game product shipped and/or maintained.
- An understanding of software security and how to minimize vulnerabilities through system design.
- Mentorship mindset and excellent attitude to helping others level up their knowledge.
- Able to break down complex tasks into small actionable iterations.
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, and autonomous with good time management skills.
- Passionate about games and gaming.
- You've run a multiplayer mod or server, developed plugins, or have experience in indie game development.
- Networking Experience & Server Infrastructure development.
- Experience with data-driven programming and Entity Component Systems.
- Experience with C#.
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.