We're looking to expand our Art team here at Hypixel Studios which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we look for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
We are looking for someone experienced, willing to join a small team of artists, with the intent to become part of a unique art direction, and help us create high quality visuals.
Our studio intends to empower our community by releasing a wide range of creative tools at the same time as our game, and we are also looking for passionate professionals, able to help us improve our in-game engine and editor accessibility, pushing further the limits of creativity.
Who You Are:
- You have a taste for cartoony, stylized, and low definition art, equally in 2D and 3D
- You feel able to adapt to an existing art direction and work among other talented artists
- You are an excellent communicator: you love providing feedback and sharing knowledge with other team members
- You are eager to learn and improve your own craft, and are able to identify your areas of improvement
- You are not afraid of working with inhouse solutions and different tools
Some of your role:
- Collaborate with the Art team and help making awesome visuals
- Create art assets, from the concept stage to the modeling and texturing stage
- Work on a wide variety of ingame elements, from player cosmetics, props, blocks and creatures.
- 3+ years as an artist in the game industry
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating stylized pieces in 2D and 3D
- A good understanding of pixel art techniques and 2D tiled art
- Polyvalent technical skills: able to imagine characters, props and environments
- Able to produce high quality hand painted / painterly texture
- Strong drawing skills and ability to quickly iterate on concept arts
- Passionate about lighting and color theory
- Good knowledge of industry standard software (Photoshop, Blender/Max/Maya, Unreal/Unity etc.), as well as a high capacity to learn new tools
- Able to communicate efficiently with artists, technical team members and studio leadership in a remote environment.
- Traditional art skills - Illustration, Sculpture, Painting and Anatomy knowledge.
- Experience in 2D and 3D Animation.
- Understand of some basic VFX and particle generation principles
- Knowledge in 3D rendering principles.
We can offer:
- A chance to work on an ambitious game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.