We're looking to expand our Art team here at Hypixel Studios which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we look for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
We are looking for an experienced VFX artist, willing to join a small team of artists, with the intent to become part of a unique art direction, and help us producing high quality visuals.
Our studio intends to empower our community by releasing a wide range of creative tools at same time as its game, and we are also looking for passionate professionals, able to help us improve our in-game engine and editor accessibility, pushing further the limits of creativity.
Who You Are:
- You have a taste for cartoony and stylized visual effects and particles
- You feel able to adapt to an existing art direction and work among talented artists
- You are an excellent communicator: you love providing feedback and sharing knowledge with other team members.
- You are driven by discovering solutions to unique problems and participating in the development of unique tools and pipelines.
- You are not afraid of working with inhouse solutions and different tools.
- You are eager to learn and improve your own craft, and are able to identify your areas of improvement
- You want to proactively seek out creative ways to improve all aspects of the game and performance.
Some of your role:
- Collaborate with art team and help making awesome visuals
- Work on particle systems and visual effects, using our inhouse engine
- Create VFX assets, from the concept stage to its integration ingame
- 4+ years as VFX artist/technical artist or equivalent experience on published titles.
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating stylized work with handpainted textures.
- Ability to work in a broad range of art styles in both 2D and 3D mediums.
- A strong understanding of technical considerations for VFX.
- Good knowledge of industry standard software (Blender/Max/Maya etc, Houdini, Substance Designer, Unreal/Unity etc.), as well as experience working with real-time particle and VFX editors with a high capacity to learn new tools.
- Able to communicate with artists, technical team members and studio leadership in a remote environment.
- Traditional art skills - Illustration, Sculpture, Painting and Anatomy.
- Experience in 3D Modeling, Sculpting, Texturing, Animation.
- Knowledge in Technical Art and 3D rendering principles.
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.