We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As an engineer on the Engine initiative you will take ownership for developing and maintaining the network stack for Hytale. You will be continuously communicating with other engineers to ensure performance and system requirements are met across multiple teams. You will be relied upon to give expert advice to determine the best implementation and facilitate continuous improvement of the network stack.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about networking, network performance and security.
- You have a good understanding of the challenges faced with networked video games.
- You enjoy collaboration with and mentoring colleagues.
Some of your role:
- Take ownership of the Hytale network stack.
- Identify and resolve performance and security issues in the game’s network stack.
- Collaborate with other engineers to ensure the network stack is robust and fulfills requirements.
- Identify and evaluate possible solutions for improvement of the network stack.
- 3+ years experience working on video game networking.
- Experience with Netty and networking in Java.
- Experience with creating and maintaining application protocols.
- Experience with TCP and UDP protocols.
- An understanding of software security and how to minimize vulnerabilities through system design.
- Able to break down complex tasks into small actionable iterations.
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, and autonomous.
- Passionate about games and gaming.
- Experience with networking in C#.
- Understanding of UPnP, Port Forwarding and other common networking concepts.
- Knowledge of QUIC
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.