We're looking for a HR Assistant to join our office based team in Derry~Londonderry, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
The ideal candidate will help maintain the administration and communication between HR and our global team, enabling the HR department to operate efficiently and seamlessly throughout the company.
Who you are:
- You have a background in HR or have supported a HR Team from an administrative perspective
- A solid understanding of the employee lifecycle
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to handle high volume tasks to a deadline
- A fun person, with an open, energetic approach who enjoys working in a lively, diverse environment
- Ideally you will have a strong educational background and have secured/working towards your CIPD qualification
Some of your role:
- First point of contact for HR administrative queries
- Support the HR Manager in an administrative capacity, to ensure smooth running of the HR department
- Coordination of inductions for new joiners, answering contract queries and carrying out background checks
- Assisting employees with systems, including absence approvers, dept administration, amending absences etc
- Support payroll collecting data and documentation deadlines
- Support on various HR Projects
- Maintain absence management system
- Maintain HR system
- Minimum of 2 years working as an HR Assistant - ideally within a start-up or SME
- Excellent skills in MS Office and G-Suite
- As a highly discreet individual, you will understand the importance of handling sensitive data and ensure confidentiality and data quality is 100% maintained
- The ability to work in a fast paced and remote start-up environment with a willingness to learn
- Proactive approach and able to work on own initiative with strong organisational and communication skills
- Previous experience of a gaming environment
- Previous experience of working with a remote, global team
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.