We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a member of the Engine initiative you will be responsible for developing engine systems and features. You will be continuously communicating with other engineers, production and design to meet expected results.
Who you are
- Passionate about low level system architecture.
- Display willingness to learn and develop your skills
- Self driven and able to work independently
Some of your role
- You will collaborate with a small team of engineers to develop and maintain parts of the engine.
- You will mainly be contributing to the core engine systems and multiplatform compatibility.
- 5+ years programming experience in C++.
- Solid debugging and optimisation skills in C++.
- Excellent understanding of algorithms data structures for data-oriented programming.
- Previous experience working with game engines and low level systems.
- An understanding of software security and how to minimize vulnerabilities through system design.
- Able to break down complex tasks into small actionable iterations.
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, and autonomous.
- Passionate about games and gaming.
- Experience with Entity Component Systems.
- Experience with spatial data structures and algorithms.
- Previous shipping experience with multiple platforms like PC, Mobile and Console
We can offer
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.