We're looking for a talented Senior Game Design Manager to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
As the Game Design Manager you will be responsible for managing and mentoring a talented team that works across the studio to design compelling experiences for our players and creators. You will work with production and other studio leads on milestone and resource planning and you will partner with other designers, artists, and engineers to innovate and iterate on player-focused designs that aim at delivering a groundbreaking experience.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for diverse applicants that are passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
Who you are:
- You are a team player, an excellent communicator, who loves working across discipline and advocating for your team. You take pride in mentoring designers and building effective teams.
- You excel at organizing and prioritizing work. You are able to build and pursue long term goals for large scale projects.
- You’re a designer who thrives while realizing the vision of the game through content and systems that continually surprise and delight the player
Some of your role:
- Manage individuals on the Game Design team. Work with the Creative Director and Creative Leads to develop effective hiring strategies and growth opportunities
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Sr. Designers to maintain design quality and craftsmanship across all Hytale game design
- Work with production on scheduling and resource allocation to assure that design delivers against project goals
- Build efficient cross disciplines communication, become a connective chain-link between design and other departments
- Listen to our players, understand how the team’s designs impact player experiences whilst gaining insights needed to iterate on and balance features
- Utilise prototyping and playtesting where applicable to validate and balance solutions
- Report and share benchmarks, best practices and findings to key stakeholders
- Help evaluate our tools, process, and pipelines, identify potential problems and build plans to help solve them
- Develop and maintain design documentation in line with the product vision
- Help evangelize our company values and help us build an inclusive and wholesome workplace
- Champion our players and creators
- 5+ years of experience in professional game design on multiplayer titles
- 3+ Years of experience managing and mentoring other designers
- Deep knowledge of design principles and creative development process
- High level business, strategic and contemporary management skills, oriented both toward the big picture and operational detail
- Exceptional collaboration and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Shipped or worked on at least one AAA game
- Deep level of understanding, passion, and engagement with block style games
- Experience planning content roadmaps as a part of a live service
- Experience with custom and established engine workflows