We are looking for a Senior Rendering Engineer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished, player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their craft, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of the Hypixel Team you will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining rendering systems to support ongoing development of Hytale in our proprietary C++ engine. You will be continuously communicating with other engineers, production and design to meet expected results.
Who you are:
- Player-focused: You understand what players want, and can bring that understanding to the creation of technical systems that serve those needs. Your player-focus serves as a common ground for your discussions with Game Design, Artists and other disciplines.
- A Collaborator: You are passionate about empowering Artists and Designers to realize their ideas in-game with minimal engineering assistance. You want to work elbow-to-elbow with them to listen to them to understand their needs, and then build high-quality tools that empower them in their work.
- Calm under pressure: You exude calm in even the toughest of situations. When things get spicy, you work as a cooler to help the team reach a solution.
- A Force Multiplier: You understand how to design a system that can operate effectively for a whole team. You understand how to empower engineers on your team to learn, grow, and scale.
- Obsessed with Improvement: Inefficiency bothers you and you work to create well-oiled machines whenever you can.
- Adaptable: You understand and are comfortable with switching gears between optimization, break/fix, and development and understand the need for rapid re-prioritization.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Help design, build, and extend the rendering capabilities of the Hytale engine.
- Work with designers and artists to ensure our rendering capabilities meet their needs
- Work with Game Leadership to incorporate rendering system designs into roadmaps and milestone as part of overall studio planning
- Mentor and coach other engineers to help them simultaneously implement your designs, and to reach the next level in their craft expertise
- Set, Lead, and contribute to technical vision and direction, using your expertise to guide far-reaching technical decisions
- Become a subject matter expert on the Hytale game vision, and the technical implementation of that vision
- Work with a globally distributed team to implement the Hytale architecture on multiple platforms
- 5+ years of professional experience, including 2+ years professional experience with C++ and 2+ years professional experience focused on rendering and graphics
- Cross platform experience with expertise in multi-core programming techniques
- Strong low level CPU and GPU knowledge with demonstrated performance and memory optimization skills
- Knowledge of various graphics APIs and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Mentorship mindset and excellent attitude to helping others level up their knowledge
- Experience with voxels or “blocky-world” style rendering
- Experience with user generated content
- Experience with cross-platform rendering using multiple Graphics APIs such as Vulkan, DirectX 12, and Metal
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.