We're looking for a Producer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a Producer for the Creator Tools team on Hytale, you’ll bring our comprehensive collection of tools and technology to players to unlock their creative potential. You’ll work with the artists and designers on Hytale to build them the tools they need to make Hytale, and then transition those tools to something our players can use to make amazing creations. You’ll work closely with engineers, artists, and designers to support a thriving ecosystem of player creation that’s driven by the community’s needs, passion, and inspiration.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about modding communities and user-generated content - you believe in empowering players to make amazing experiences
- You are an excellent communicator. You listen carefully to players to understand their needs and expectations. You can also translate those needs to engineers on the team so they can work on actionable features that deliver value.
- You are technical enough to understand how tools are built under the hood, and creative enough to identify what creators need to make high quality content. You combine those two specialities to guide the team to create amazing tools that both work effectively and are satisfying to use.
- You care deeply about the needs of creators working in the tools. You study their workflows intently, you watch them work to better understand where things are failing, and you suggest innovative features that surprise and delight them.
- You are a player and a creator. You understand what great game experiences feel like and you understand the craft, tools and process required to bring them to life.
Some of your role:
- Own the creator tools backlog and roadmap and communicate progress to stakeholders
- Prioritize the tools investments that will be most impactful for creators - from bugs, to quality of life improvements, to innovative capabilities and brand new toolsets
- Lead day-to-day development efforts with a cross-functional team
- Leverage player data and market research to continuously guide product strategy
- Forge a strong relationship with the Hytale creator community
- 3+ Years of experience in game production or as a leader of tools developers
- Multiple products shipped in a live-ops environment
- Deep familiarity with the tools, technology, and capabilities that are fundamental to crafting gameplay experiences
- Broad familiarity with industry standard tools, best practices, and best-in-class UX
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Passionate about games and gaming
- Portfolio of games or personal projects built in other game engines or creator platforms
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.