We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As an engineer for the Creator Tools and Ecosystem initiative you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our internal and player facing tooling, supporting artists, animators and technical designers with the tools they use every day. You will be continuously communicating with engineers and content developers to ensure performance, workflow and user experience expectations are met.
Who you are:
- You have strong fundamental programming skills and can build robust, highly scalable systems from the beginning all the way to completion.
- You are passionate about building tools and optimizing workflows, and have a good understanding for the challenges artists/designers face when creating content.
- You enjoy collaboration and mentoring colleagues.
Some of your role:
- Design, build, and extend the tools for all disciplines for the Hytale Engine that will be used by internal developers as well as by players.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and other engineers to ensure the tools meet their needs.
- Contribute to architecture requirements and technical design discussions for the creator ecosystem.
- Help shape the technical vision and standards for the team.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- 3+ years of game engine tools development experience (Unreal, Unity, proprietary, etc.).
- Proficient at communicating with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Proven experience in Computer Science fundamentals.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, and autonomous.
- Experience working on voxel world games.
- Experience with 3D rendering APIs and 3D math (vectors, matrices, quaternions, etc.)
- Experience working on networked applications.
- Experience with profiling and optimizing code.
- Knowledge of industry standard tools (e.g. Blender, Maya, Unreal Engine).
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.