We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As an engineer on the Game Engine team, you will help develop and maintain our C++ game server, including netcode, operability, runtime performance, and core game systems and simulation.
Who you are:
- You have strong fundamental programming skills and can build robust, highly scalable systems from the beginning all the way to completion
- You are passionate about performance, scalability, stability, and operability
- You enjoy collaboration and mentoring colleagues
Some of your role:
- Design, build, and extend the core C/C++ game server
- Work closely with Tools, Client, Gameplay, and Operations engineers to ensure the game server supports game’s technical requirements
- Contribute to architecture requirements and technical design discussions across the product
- Collaborate with Producers to help prioritize work, inform milestones, and maintain the game server roadmap
- Help shape the technical vision and standards for the team
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of game server development experience, preferably in C++
- 1+ years experience working in gameplay networking code
- Proficient at communicating with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, and autonomous
- Experience working on voxel world games
- Experience with physics engines (PhysX, Havok,proprietary, etc)
- Experience with profiling and optimizing code
- Experience with Data-Oriented Development
- Experience with operations-focused engineering (metrics and monitoring, scalability, load testing, deployability, etc)
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.