We're looking for a Principal Product Manager to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
Join us on our mission to bring players together in an inviting, immersive world where they can make their mark. Hytale empowers creative expression across a spectrum of experiences including sandbox adventure, social play, minigames, and creativity using a suite of powerful and accessible tools.
As Principal Product Manager, you will lead development, live operations, and strategic decision making for the Hytale Online experience. You will work closely with cross-discipline leaders as well as multiple producers and development teams to ensure that players can deeply engage in a wide variety of gameplay experiences and discover ways to express themselves however they choose.
The ideal candidate for our production team will have a breadth of game development experience ranging from early R&D to live game operation, and strong instincts for how to lean on that past experience while leading teams into new creative opportunities. The candidate will play a role in coaching and mentoring other producers and will be a strong role model for understanding players and delivering against their needs.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about crafting engaging online communities and understanding the emergent needs of players as those communities develop.
- You are a confident strategic thinker who values the collaborative input of those around you, and you’re always open to new data and perspectives that may shift your thinking.
- You are an experienced leader who knows how to nurture, motivate and guide teams of talented developers.
- You are a shrewd decision maker who doesn’t shy away from big, ambiguous problem spaces. You are humble when those challenges go well and take responsibility when they don’t.
- You are an excellent communicator. You are always aware of your audience and thinking of the best ways to reach them. With players, you listen carefully with authenticity and transparency to help them understand the decisions we make as developers.
Some of your role:
- You will lead multidisciplinary efforts to establish an overall vision and strategy for the broad, interconnected feature set that makes up the Hytale Online experience.
- You will heavily influence strategic efforts and critical decisions across all of Hytale.
- You will own the prioritization of initiatives, balancing efforts and investments to create the best possible online experience for players.
- You will establish strong practices for leveraging player data and market research to make the best decisions for players.
- You will be a leader in the production discipline - sharing your knowledge, offering training and mentorship, and generally helping other producers grow in their craft.
- 8+ Years of experience in game production across early product development through live game operations
- Experience driving decision making, prioritization, and measurable results for a live service product
- Strong business acumen and confident data analysis skills, which you naturally balance with your own strong intuitions as a player
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical individuals
- Breadth and depth of experience with online games as a player and community member
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Performance Bonus (APB)
- Quality of Life increases
- Christmas closure
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.