We're looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
Join us on our mission to bring players together in an inviting, immersive world where they can make their mark. Hytale empowers creative expression across a spectrum of experiences including sandbox adventure, social play, minigames, and creativity using a suite of powerful and accessible tools.
As our new Senior Systems Administrator you will be responsible for administering our IT systems, creating and implementing policies both team and studio wide. As well as working with the team to document and automate tasks & functions across the team's pillars of responsibility.
Who you are:
- You’re a Senior Systems Administrator with a proven track record of experience in fast-moving technical businesses.
- You’re self-driven and know how to work effectively in a fully-remote environment..
- You’re passionate about technology, security and automation.
- You learn autonomously and adapt to new systems quickly.
Some of your role:
- Work closely with studio-wide stakeholders to enable teams and remove blockers.
- Become a subject matter expert in the technology Hypixel leverages for our global IT.
- Design and implement automation solutions for access control, auditing, etc.
- Craft policies and procedures that will be implemented at a studio level.
- Setting up and configuring software/platforms at a studio level
- 5+ years of general systems administration experience
- Experience managing, configuring and running Azure AD, Google Work Spaces, GitHub
- Experience in configuring and learning industry standard software and hardware
- Experience in configuring and administering Windows/Mac/Linux machines
- Experience in creating, selecting and running helpdesk and IT software, their operational best practices, including security, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Experience mentoring other team members
- Experience with Powershell, Bash, Python, and other scripting languages
- Experience working with and supporting remote teams in multiple time zones.
- Experience with game development software, and SDKs
- Experience of a working in a gaming environment
- Experience with the following but not limited to:
- Miro / Trello
- Windows licensing
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.