We're looking for a Build and Release Engineer to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
Join us on our mission to bring players together in an inviting, immersive world where they can make their mark. Hytale empowers creative expression across a spectrum of experiences including sandbox adventure, social play, minigames, and creativity using a suite of powerful and accessible tools.
The ideal candidate for our Services and Platform team will help create and maintain software development workflows for the entire studio. You will be responsible for the build system that every game developer interacts with every day, which covers version control, compilation, testing, and deployment. Part of your job is to research solutions to automation challenges and integrate these into the system.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about how a great CI/CD system serves as a force multiplier for the whole team
- You are driven to empower Developers to iterate rapidly on game experiences through automation and tooling
- You care deeply about testing, because you know well-tested software is well-maintained software
- You are a problem solver who thrives on ambiguity, strives to reduce friction, and constantly improves the developer workflow
- You continuously want to learn and are not afraid to dig deep into new technologies
Some of your role:
- Act as part of a team to implement, maintain and support the core build pipelines that empower the entire studio
- Gather requirements for new build capabilities from game developers, systems engineers, and operations teams
- Maintain build configurations, automation scripts, and local build tools
- Support automated testing efforts including Unit, Integration, End-to-End, Fuzz, Compatibility, and Load Testing
- Support the Engineering, Production, and Design teams to deploy and run in-house playtests
- 3+ years experience as a professional software engineer
- 2+ years experience working with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and/or Build Scripting
- 1+ years experience with test automation including Unit and Integration tests
- Strong experience with version control systems, preferably Git and Perforce
- Ambitious and collaborative with excellent communication skills
- Experience with C/C++ toolchains such as fastbuild, cmake, msbuild, etc.
- Experience with Java toolchains such as Gradle, Maven, Nexus, Sonar, etc.
- Experience with Github Actions and Github automaton
- Experience with User Generated Content (UGC) and/or modding communities
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Performance Bonus (APB)
- Quality of Life increases
- Christmas closure
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.