We're looking for a User Interface and User Experience (UI/UX) Engineer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished, player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
The ideal candidate for our team will help to build the in-game menus, HUDs, and layouts that drive our game experiences. You will collaborate with Game Designers, Technical Designers, Artists, Sound Designers, and other engineers to build simple-yet-compelling game interfaces that drive their player experience.
Who you are:
- You are driven to empower Designers and Artists to build the user interface of their dreams
- You have the coding chops of an engineer, but an artist’s eye for design and you know how to balance between them
- You are a problem solver who thrives on ambiguity, strives to reduce friction, and constantly improves the developer workflow
- You invest in continuous learning and are not afraid to dig deep into new technologies
Some of your role:
- Act as part of a team to integrate, maintain and support the UI/UX toolkit into our game
- Extract requirements for new UI capabilities from game designs, UX wireframes, and visual Designs
- Design, prototype, and implement UI paradigms for interface menus, HUDs, and screen layouts for Hytale to meet those requirements
- Build tools to empower all Disciplines (including Design, Art, Audio, and Engineering) to quickly build exciting and effective user interfaces within those paradigms
- Build UI/UX interfaces using our toolkit to deliver game experiences to players
- 3+ years experience as a professional software engineer
- 2+ years experience working with GUI toolkits such as Imgui, Qt, Noesis, Cocoa, MFC, or with proprietary GUI solutions
- 1+ years experience with C/C++
- Strong understanding of UI/UX principles and MVC architecture
- Ambitious and collaborative with excellent communication skills
- Experience collaborating with artists, UI/UX designers, and Game designers
- Experience with User Generated Content (UGC) and/or modding communities
- Experience working in proprietary game engines and/or commercial game engines (i.e., Unreal or Unity)
- Experience with unit testing and unit testing frameworks such as GoogleTest, JUnit, xUnit, etc
- Experience developing software in internationally distributed teams
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.