We're looking for a 3D Artist to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
Join us on our mission to bring players together in an inviting, immersive world where they can make their mark. Hytale empowers creative expression across a spectrum of experiences including sandbox adventure, social play, minigames, and creativity using a suite of powerful and accessible tools.
As a 3D Artist on the Hytale team, you will collaborate with other artists and designers, creating concept art and in-game models and textures for Hytale.
Who you are:
- A versatile 3D artist, experienced in modeling and texturing props, weapons, and creatures
- Driven to create content that will delight our Players, Creators, and the Hytale team
- An excellent communicator: you love providing feedback, sharing and documenting knowledge, and collaborating with others
- A positive person who leads by example while contributing to the studio culture with the actions you take on the team
Some of your Role:
- Modeling and texturing props, creatures and blocks
- Sketching and rough concepting
- Collaborate with other creative disciplines as you create content for Hytale
- Work with the Art Director to maintain the Hytale art style
- Document your creative explorations and results
- A portfolio demonstrating high quality 3D modeling and texturing projects
- 3+ years experience in a professional Artist role with a focus on stylized or non-photorealistic rendering
- Experience in stylized hand painted textures
- Familiar with pixel art techniques
- Advanced understanding of current content creation tools such as Blender, Maya and Photoshop
- Experience with 3D rendering
- Experience in animation or VFX
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Performance Bonus (APB)
- Quality of Life increases
- Christmas closure
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.