We're looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a Senior Game Designer you will work closely with Design, Art, and Engineering to create, prototype, and implement designs that delight members of our diverse playerbase, as they adventure through the world of Hytale.
In your role, you will be willing to tackle complex problems, be responsible for delivering thoughtful and compelling design solutions, and be comfortable seeing these initiatives through to completion.
Who you are:
- You are self-starter that works with minimal supervision, who can draw upon your industry experience and game knowledge to craft compelling, player-focused game features that truly stand the test of time
- You love the adventure game genre and empathize with the range of player motivations that drive players to play these games
- You are versed in game design fundamentals and feel comfortable as a mentor, but you also have the ability to listen and to learn
- You are passionate about what you do and can inspire others to excel
Some of your role:
- Champion our players’ needs, understand how your game design impacts their experience, gain insights to balance and improve features, and own that iteration process from conception to post-release
- Generate design solutions with clear articulation of pros and cons, clearly communicating the chosen direction to the team through design docs, user stories, wireframes, pictures of napkin sketches, etc.
- Utilize prototyping and playtesting to validate and balance solutions
- Work across disciplines to see your designs through to completion, while being an evangelist for the game
- 5+ years of experience in professional game design on RPG, survival or adventure titles, or a general focus on multiplayer games
- Ability to balance product goals with design decisions
- Ability to plan and estimate design efforts
- Experience mentoring other designers, utilizing strong collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Shipped or worked on at least one AAA online game
- Experience iterating on, balancing, and releasing new content and features to a live product
- Experience working on content roadmaps
- A familiarity and passion for open-world, builder, and survival games
- You understand what motivates players and how to best use that knowledge
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely and experience a healthy work-life balance
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.