We're looking for a Senior QA Analyst to join our QA team located in our offices in Derry~Londonderry, Northern Ireland.. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
The ideal candidate for our QA team will help to ensure that our products fulfil their design and quality goals. You understand that your efforts directly contribute to form the player experience we are driving for. Taking on responsibility for others and adaptive problem solving are part of your character.
As a Senior QA Analyst you will be responsible for collaborating with other disciplines such as production, design, creative and engineering to apply our QA strategy and standards for an area of our product. You will function as a point of contact for QA related requests from the team. You are happy to share your knowledge and enjoy assisting colleagues in their professional growth.
Who you are:
- You are a QA professional who understands that quality can only be achieved through teamwork
- You understand and like the dynamic of working in a cross functional team
- You are familiar with our genre, and you bring your understanding to your work
- You bring with you a wealth of QA knowledge and experience, alongside an understanding as to how to utilize it in different situations
- You have experience guiding, mentoring and supervising others in a professional environment.You enjoy undertaking new challenges and are proactive in both finding and solving problems
- You keep up to date with the latest news in the gaming industry and are passionate about game development
Some of your role:
- Work directly with our engineers and other disciplines in a cross functional team structure
- Support the team, taking responsibility as required by inspiring and mentoring others to assist in the development of their professional growth
- Help establish and proactively improve our QA strategy over the phases of the project
- Responsible for defect triage and reporting in your responsible area
- As an embedded Senior QA you will function as the main point of contact for all related QA topics around your responsible area
- Be a core contributor during acceptance criteria writing and refinement
- Derive test cases based on our requirements by using modern test design techniques
- Frequently report test progress, defect flow, test coverage and other metrics
- Select test scenarios based on their impact for different regression test suites (manual and automated)
- Plan and track all testing efforts in your responsible area
- Prepare and moderate cross discipline wide playtest sessions
- 5+ years software Quality Assurance experience
- 2+ years experience managing or leading a team in a professional setting
- You understand what it takes to grow a culture of quality across a product team
- Strong experience with software development models (agile and classic)
- Experience across multiple phases of the software development lifecycle
- A personal passion for open world, builder, or survival games
- Experience with testing across multiple platforms
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Experience with working in a global team (multi-timezone)
- ISTQB certified or have similar certifications/training (ISTQB Foundation Level, ISTQB Agile Tester, ISTQB Advanced Test Manager, ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst)
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work in a modern office environment with all kind of benefits
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.