We're looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
Join us on our mission to bring players together in an inviting, immersive world where they can make their mark. Hytale empowers creative expression across a spectrum of experiences including sandbox adventure, social play, minigames, and creativity using a suite of powerful and accessible tools.
As a Senior Technical Artist on the Hytale team, what you create will not only be used internally, it will also be used by external creators to make high quality content for Hytale. You will collaborate across art disciplines to identify best practices for content creation, develop scripts/tools and automations for artists and animators, and collaborate with the engineering team to develop the best engine and pipeline for Hytale. You will also use your experience to mentor other tech artists, improve workflows, and empower our creators to push the limits of their creativity.
Who you are:
- Someone with extensive experience building tools to improve pipelines across different aspects of game content production
- A problem solver, driven to discover and prioritize solutions that benefit our players, Creators, and the Hytale team
- An excellent communicator: you love providing feedback, sharing and documenting knowledge, mentoring other team members and liaising between art and engineering
- Someone who is passionate about creating the best experience for our content creation pipeline, as well as someone who is passionate about writing great scalable code
Some of your role:
- Work closely with other creative disciplines to ensure our art and animation pipelines efficiently support our visual and experience needs
- Create scalable tools that streamline our asset pipeline from content creation tools to the engine
- Partner with art management, production, and engineering to develop execution plans that solve our pipeline needs
- Mentor other tech artists in their craft, delivering feedback to aid in their growth
- 5+ years of experience in a Technical Artist role with a focus on tools, scripting for use in character, rigging, and animation pipelines.
- Advanced understanding of current content creation tools used by the community such as Maya, Blender, Houdini, and Photoshop.
- Superb critical thinking skills, particularly as it pertains to translating artistic requirements to sustainable workflow design
- Knowledge of shader creation and rendering pipelines
- Knowledge of procedural content creation, deep learning models, or utilizing AI to assist in content creation
- Experience shipping titles across multiple platforms with a proprietary engine (PC/Console/Mobile)
- Experience working on player facing tools
- Experience in content creation (modeling, animating, VFX)
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Performance Bonus (APB)
- Quality of Life increases
- Christmas closure
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.