We're looking for a Production Director to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As Production Director on the Hytale team, you will be charged with turning the product vision into an operational framework and practices by developing and executing the operational strategy and moving forward with the "how" that is spun up across teams. You can quickly pick up and understand our audience needs, the flow and direction of the business as well as the health of the teams and how the work is forged into action. You will work closely with the Executive Producer and cross-discipline game leadership to make sure the approach is well-defined and that all systems are of a high quality and execution.
Who you are:
- You’ve built high-performing development teams and coached full teams of producers to scale efforts
- You’ve successfully introduced broad, impactful organizational changes that produced tangible results
- You have proven flexibility in learning the nuances of teams and identifying the problems and solutions appropriate for a range situational challenges
- You have exceptional communication skills and a collaborative leadership style, with strong examples of enacting change through empathy and influence
- You’re experienced with driving collaborative development efforts with external partners
Some of your role:
- Develop the work systems used throughout the studio, including how teams are structured, whether and how they report status back to the business unit, and how multi-team work is coordinated
- Build and maintain the roadmap and all supporting development planning artifacts and processes required for delivery of the game
- Ensure stakeholders and customers are always up-to-date on what’s going on in terms of what commitments have been made and how the delivery is going
- Establish high level production standards, systems and tools that are necessary to launch and continuously update Hytale
- Work with individual teams and producers to customize working systems and standards to meet their unique needs
- Serve as a role model for continuous improvement by demonstrating exceptional judgment when it comes to identifying when and how to make critical changes to legacy tools and process
- Coach and mentor producers in the delivery of products and services
- Ensure that co-development relationships are managed and effective
- 7+ years of game development leadership experience with at least 5+ years in a senior leadership role shipping games (Director of Production, Head of Production, Operations Director, etc.)
- Experience with full lifecycle of game development, early concept / R&D, pre-production, production, launch and post-launch updates
- Deep understanding of all aspects of game development and how various disciplines come together in terms of tech and creativity
- Strong knowledge of both agile and waterfall software development processes
- Eager to embrace a remote working environment with teams and individuals spread across several time zones
- Experience in the Survival, Block, or Voxel game genres
- Experience translating process design to workflow management tools (e.g., JIRA, Favro, Asana, Airtable, Shotgun/Shotgrid, etc)
- Experience with both content development pipelines and feature delivery processes
- Understanding of Quality Assurance metrics and processes
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.