We're looking for a Lead Rendering Engineer to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
Join us on our mission to bring players together in an inviting, immersive world where they can make their mark. Hytale empowers creative expression across a spectrum of experiences including sandbox adventure, social play, minigames, and creativity using a suite of powerful and accessible tools.
As a Lead Rendering Engineer, you will support your team through a combination of coaching, direction-setting, and hands-on engineering. Your team will design, prototype, and implement the technology which will render the beautiful world of Hytale into a place players will love to inhabit.
Who you are:
- Immersed in Rendering:: You keep up to date on current graphics techniques, research & hardware
- Calm under pressure: You exude calm in even the toughest of situations. When things get spicy, you work as a cooler to help the team reach a solution.
- Performance Aware: You know and care how your code affects performance, frame rate, memory usage, and optimize it based on data.
- A Mentor and Coach: You know how to lead your team to deliver the most value in the least time, and you know how to foster their growth while they do it
Some of your role:
- Manage a team of 3-6 Rendering Engineers through a combination of coaching, direction-setting, and hands-on engineering
- Work closely with Product Owners and Project Managers to prioritize, break down, and select work for your team
- Work closely with Visual Designers and VFX artists to ensure the rendering system meets their needs and delivers on Hytale’s Visual Target
- Architect, prototype, build, and maintain rendering systems in high quality C++.
- Create detailed and highly-accessible documentation for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- 6+ years of professional programming experience in C++.
- 4+ years working in rendering and graphics code
- 2+ years as a manager, tech-lead, or in a similar leadership role.
- 2+ years working in a game engine (commercial or proprietary).
- Experience working with Agile delivery.
- Experience working on voxel world games and/or sandbox games.
- Experience implementing in ECS systems or Data-Oriented Development.
- Experience with console and/or mobile platform development
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Performance Bonus (APB)
- Quality of Life increases
- Christmas closure
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.