We're looking for a Principal Producer to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
Join us on our mission to bring players together in an inviting, immersive world where they can make their mark. Hytale empowers creative expression across a spectrum of experiences including sandbox adventure, social play, minigames, and creativity using a suite of powerful and accessible tools.
As the Principal Producer responsible for Adventure experiences, you will act as the Product Owner for First to Third Party Adventure Experiences inside of Hytale. You will help our players and creators tell their stories, and you will tell our story of the World of Orbis. You will partner with studio and design leadership to prioritize the efforts of multiple development teams to establish core gameplay systems, features and content that combine to delight players. You will be responsible for delivering and innovating gameplay at every stage of production.
The ideal candidate for our production team will have a breadth of game development experience ranging from early R&D to live game operations, and have strong instincts for how to build foundational gameplay systems that will support a wide variety of gameplay features and content for years to come.
Who you are:
- You love thinking about games and what makes them great. You’re always playing games and picking up on the nuances of what special touches and details matter most.
- You are a fearless strategic thinker who values the collaborative input of those around you, and you’re always open to new data and perspectives that may shift your thinking.
- You are an innovator that can mentor colleagues, define clear expectations, and inspire a team.
- As an excellent communicator, you are authentic and transparent in helping players and team members understand the decisions we make as developers.
- You are audience-oriented. While you have strong instincts and opinions as a player, you put greater emphasis on deeply understanding players, their perspectives, and finding ways to make the best game for them.
Some of your role:
- Lead the team to excellence, while fostering a positive team culture and an environment that motivates the team to bring their best
- Manage the team’s overall execution strategy, identifying critical path issues, removing roadblocks, and driving efficiency and accountability in execution
- You will continually leverage data, research, and whatever resources are available to validate product direction and demonstrate strong judgment around how and when to react
- Create plans, reports, and updates that keep partners and customers informed about status, progress, risks, and considerations
- Develop an understanding of and empathy for our players which you’ll use to make player-focused decisions
- 8+ Years of experience in agile game production across early product development through live game operations
- Deep, practiced knowledge of product strategy and product development with expertise in aligning product roadmaps with desired outcomes and goals.
- Excellent product leadership experience, with proven ability to drive clarity, generate energy, and deliver company and global level impact and outcomes
- Experience maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders
- A familiarity and passion for adventure gameplay and empowering creators!
- Experience as a Senior Product Manager or equivalent on a live title
- Agile Product Owner Experience
- Shipped titles in similar genres as Hytale
- Shipped titles across multiple platform
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Performance Bonus (APB)
- Quality of Life increases
- Christmas closure
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.